When I say shabby chic, I’m not talking Rachel Ashwell’s interior revolution of a few years back. I’m thinking how Shabby Chic has influenced fashion, hair and makeup, particularly with brands like Anthropolgie. The Anthro catalog is always gorgeous, effervescent, trend worthy and perfect! If I could dress from one store for the rest of my life, I would love to have Anthropologie be my closet, and provide all of my home furnishings as well. Anthro is not completely shabby chic all the time, but it certainly leans that way, so this is my inspired by romantic looks, shabby chic and Anthropologie post!
Some things that inspire me are:
- Bikini bodies. This is actually my current screen saver, and it serves as a reminder that hard work pays off. As Josh says “Eat like a rockstar, look like a rockstar”.
- Bodyrock.tv by Zuzanna Light. Zuzanna is this crazy fit super trainer chick who posts workout videos daily. I have yet to actually do one of the workouts, but I enjoy reading the accompanying blog and seeing the pictures of the different moves.
- Fitness blogs by Josh Hillis. He is a master trainer and kettle bell instructor who writes amazing diet and fitness blogs that cut out the BS and give you the skinny (hehe) on what works and what doesn’t, and why. I found him last week, and am already addicted. This is a blog about workout partners, wanna be my workout buddy?
- Tiffany, my amazing friend, fellow hairstylist, trainer, nutritionist and MMA enthusiast. She has a rockin body, works super hard at everything, balances life, work, and education, and is a completely genuine and sweet person.
- Whimsical and pretty pictures. What, this isn’t entirely about diet and exercise, other things inspire me too! I wish my life looked like an Anthropologie catalog. Um, yes I realize that 6 photos follow, but I LOVE them all!
- lolcats. They make me laugh, and that’s a good thing! There is something special about cats that allows you to use bad spelling and grammar to imagine what they would say that is entirely too funny and irresistible.
- Avant garde hairstyles. I like those editorial shoots where the hair is completely wacky and not anything a real person could wear out. They inspire me to dig deep to come up with photo shoot ideas that are fun. I’m much better at copying someone else’s work, than creating my own, so this is a way for me to reach outside MY box without working too hard 😉
Tomorrow I begin my makeup classes with Jena Perry at my salon! This is very exciting, and I can’t wait. This first class is a freelance class, full of information really, and a little hands on time at the end to work on a model. I will tell you more after the class, as I really haven’t got much to talk about right now.
I am sort of missing styling hair for photo shoots. I got really burned out on shoots when all I was doing was pinup; it gets very redundant when you are doing victory rolls, finger waves and puffy Betty bangs every shoot. I had a few shoots that stepped outside of the pinup image, but it was the exception. I have been very inspired by the Anthropologie catalog and also the amazing photographic skills of Shanni and Ashley, they always have the most interesting shoots, and Ashley in particular has an aesthetic that has me itching to style effortless waves, use adorable headbands, and create looks that are soft and feminine to the max. Like THESE: